The Venison Bacon Cheddar Burger
Made with strips of bacon, bourbon bbq sauce, and all the cheese you could want, this venison burger quickly became a favorite on the ranch. Served up with homemade onion rings it's sure to be a winner in your home.
Makes 3-4 burgers
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 tsp Burger House
- 1 tsp AW Shit Seasoning
- 8 strips cooked bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Mix venison and seasonings together, form patties.
- Grill burgers to 140°F.
- Add bacon and layer on Whiskey BBQ Sauce* see recipe below.
- Top with cheese cooking until melted.
*you can find the seasonings here:
Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
Enough to do 3-4 burgers. ½ cup - ¾ cup, lasts about a week once refrigerated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- 3 garlic minced cloves
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp whiskey
-1 20oz can of pineapple juice
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a small pot over medium low heat begin to sweat onions.
- Add garlic and ginger cooking until brown. Remove from heat to add whiskey.
- Return to heat and light whiskey on fire*
- Once the flame goes down, add remaining ingredients cooking until liquid is reduced by half.
*Protip - Use a long lighter, never pour whiskey straight in from bottle, and be prepared for flames when flambéing.
Crispy Onion Rings:
Makes 12-15 onion rings
- 1 large Yellow Onion sliced thin into rings
- ½ cup AP flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg
- oil for frying
- Using a cast iron, heat oil to 350-375°F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Evenly coat onions in mixture and fry 2-3 at a time, until golden brown and delicious. Usually 2-3 minutes.
- Finish with salt to taste.